6 Simple, Fool-Proof Cricket Batting Tips
From: Ian Canaway
There are hundreds of different cricket batting tips in the game of cricket which can all potentially improve your batting and run scoring ability. Here is a selection of cricket batting tips that I’ve found useful to help improve your batting.
- 1st Batting Tip – Keep your eyes level, it’s been shown that having your eyes level helps speed up your reaction time, as it makes it easier for the brain to process the incoming information.
- 2nd Batting Tip – Your first movement should be from the shoulders towards the line of the ball. The rest of your body will follow naturally and will help ensure you get correctly inline with the ball.
- 3rd Batting Tip – Play the delivery based on its length, if it’s short; even if it’s in line with the wickets it should be ‘tonked away’ (Andy Flintoff style) to the boundary. The same principle applies with full deliveries and half volleys.
- 4th Batting Tip – One of the most important things is to watch the ball from bowlers hand in run up all the way to the bat. By watching the ball in the bowler’s hand you can see what the bowler may be trying to do with the ball. Try to identify which is the shiny side or rough side, so you can determine which way they may be trying to swing the ball. The same applies with spinners; but also make sure you closely watch the wrist movement to determine the type and direction of spin.
- 5th Batting Tip – When batting against spinners, try doing an initial ‘forward press’, making an initial half-step on to the front foot as the bowler bowls. This will give you good base to play from and help give you quicker feet.
- 6th Batting Tip – It is essential to maintain a solid base when batting and to be in a solid position when you play the ball. If you watch for example Brain Lara play a cover drive, he has a solid base from which he plays the stroke, he is perfectly balanced.
P.S. Now go play some cricket!
P.P.S. If you're not already getting our Free Cricket Tips Newsletter, use the form below to sign up now...
Claim Your FREE CricketSecrets.com Training Tips
Fill out the form below and you’ll immediately start receiving your FREE tips to help you learn how to play great cricket regardless of your age or ability!
Republishing or distribution of content is NOT permitted. All content is Copyright, Ian Canaway & CricketSecrets.com.