7 Amazingly Simple Cricket Bowling Tips :: Learn How to Play Cricket | Cricket Tips | Cricket Batting Tips & Cricket Bowling Tips
7 Amazingly Simple Cricket Bowling Tips
From: Ian Canaway
When bowling in cricket there are many possible cricket tips or hints that can help improve your bowling.
A spin bowler tossing one up…
In bowling, a combination of natural ability, good technique and practice is the recipe for good bowling, whether it is fast, slow or spin.
Here are some tips that will help your bowling and when implemented correctly your bowling speed:
- The basic grip to hold the ball is to keep the seam vertical and to hold the ball with your index finger and middle finger either side of the seam with the side of your thumb resting on the seam underneath the ball.
- In your approach/run in, try to stay Smooth, Balanced, Economical, Rhythmical and Consistent and stay relaxed and try not to tense up.
- During your approach and action, your head position is very important. Make sure that as you approach the wicket you are running at a steady, consistent speed, and increase strides. Aim to keep your head as steady and level as possible, looking towards your target.
- Pull your front arm down and through the target area, making sure you complete the delivery with a full follow through.
- Try to keep everything in the same direction, towards your target, keep your hips and shoulders parallel/in-line, and follow through the delivery in the direction where you intend the ball to go
- As a bowler it is very important to stay in great shape, as you’ll enjoy the game more and perform better in the latter stages if you have good stamina. So incorporating some light weight sessions in to your training is important.
- Aim to try and run 3 times a week to keep your cardiovascular system in top condition and to improve your stamina. South African fast bowler Makhaya Ntini, is well know for running 10Km every morning, even on match days!
But make sure you consult your coach/doctor/gym instructor before starting any sessions.
All the best,
P.S. Now go play some cricket!
P.P.S. If you’re not already getting our Free Cricket Tips Newsletter, use the form below to sign up now…
Claim Your FREE CricketSecrets.com Training Tips
Fill out the form below and you’ll immediately start receiving your FREE tips to help you learn how to play great cricket regardless of your age or ability!
Republishing or distribution of content is NOT permitted. All content is Copyright, Ian Canaway & CricketSecrets.com.
Categories : Bowling, Cricket Tips