Archive for Products
Introducing, John Nyren’s Young Cricketer’s Tutor. Uncovered in a forgotten corner of a historic bookshop in Ross-on-Wye, this 1892 edition of The Young Cricketer’s Tutor has been painstakingly digitalised and updated for the modern reader. The game’s timeless secrets and early history are now available to today’s cricketer lovers in this authoritative and comprehensive guide.
The Tutor allows cricket enthusiasts to learn about the early characters and heroes of cricket along with key developments in the rules of the game which have made the sport what it is today. The book also provides an invaluable collection of some of the earliest known cricket tips and coaching advice. It reveals the fundamental principles of the game that have endured through its illustrious history.
Today’s cricketers will gain access to the batting, bowling and fielding secrets that defined the careers of cricketing legends such as John Small and David Harris. The incorporation of this advice into the repertoire of today’s players will enrich and improve their play and re-affirm the forgotten principles of cricket.
Here’s a sample of what you’ll find inside the Young Cricketer’s Tutor:
- Learn the true story about the ‘big bat’ incident which caused a change in the laws of cricket and led to ‘a total revolution’ in the game;
- Read the story of the transformation of two unknown farmers from ‘unadulterated rustics’ into ‘most admirable batters’;
- Discover the circumstances behind the change from two stumps to three in 1775;
- Find out the most valuable qualities in a fielder;
- The one rule of bowling which pursued by all the finest bowlers;
- Learn the little-known technique of how to part two well set batsmen;
- Why young batsmen shouldn’t try and hit the ball too hard;
- The most effective method for holding the ball when bowling so that it is released from your hand with ease;
- The best two ways to play a ball dropped short of a length at the off-side of a wicket; and
- Learn the most effective bowling techniques for slow and fast paced bowlers.
Nyren’s Tutor succeeds in retaining its relevance and readability even today, and continues to stand as one of the most comprehensive cricketing manuals available.
The intriguing first hand insight into the characters of the most esteemed players, the atmosphere of the great matches, and little known cricketing anecdotes give the book a unique slant on the game; one that followers and players of the sport will doubtless cherish.
The Young Cricketer’s Tutor is an essential addition to your library.
Price – $9.99 (pre-tax)
Available now through Amazon.com – Young Cricketer’s Tutor (2011) [Annotated & Illustrated]
How to Keep Wicket Like a Top Professional
Introducing ‘Wicket Keeping Tips’, the first and only eBook available online which solely focuses on teaching aspiring wicket keepers how to dominate behind the stumps.
Learn How to Become a Master Spin Bowler
Introducing ‘Spin Bowling Tips’, the only specialist guide which focuses on the science and art of spin bowling – and how to master it. The ebook itself it 130 pages long and wonderfully illustrated with over 100 colour photographs and figures to show you exactly what you need to do to become a well rounded (and respected) top-class spin bowler.
Learn How to be a Successful Batsman
Introducing ‘Cricket Batsman Tips’ – a specialist guide to help you reach your potential as a batsman in cricket. This is the most thorough guide of its kind – 30,000 words, 250 colour photos – it leaves no stone unturned.
Who Else Wants to Learn How to Play Great Cricket?
Introducing ‘Cricket Secrets: Revealed’ – a comprehensive guide to playing cricket. If you are interesting in improving your own cricket, or helping your son/daughter improve their cricket, Cricket Secrets: Revealed is a must read.
It covers the following topics:
- Batting – All the core shots you need to know to score runs all round the ground
- Bowling – Seam, swing & spin bowling: Learn how to grip the ball properly, the ‘correct’ bowling actions and where to pitch the ball.
- Fielding – Learn the correct techniques for catching, throwing and stopping the ball.
- Fitness – Get sample training programmes to make sure your in top shape for high performance.
- Stretching – Learn key stretches to help prevent injury.
- ‘Inside Your Head’ – Learn to how to get your head in the right place, focus and set goals.
- Training Tips – Additional training tips and strategies for achieving your very best.
- Advanced Tactics: Powerful Lessons in the Psychology of Winning
- Bowling Key Performance Indicator Sheet. A simple method of tracking your bowling to improve your line and length.
- Free updates to future versions of the ebook
Guarantee – 60 Day 100% money back guarantee. If you are not happy with any aspect you get all your money back – no questions asked.
Price – $24.95
The Wisden Cricket Almanac 2007is out now! If you’ve never read the Wisden Almanac then I highly recommend you do so, it’s crammed pack of great articles, stats and English humour.
I know some of you love your cricket games as much as you love real cricket (I personally prefer the real thing). I had the original version of Brian Lara Cricket way back, but I hear the new 2007 version is a poor world cup cash in job, if you read the reviews on amazon you’ll see what I mean!